Clinic of Swine
Scientific research activity
Research work is closely connected with field practice, and the collective of workers is also profiled for expert and consulting activities. The clinic also provides space for the professional growth of graduates and doctoral students, as well as the continuous scientific and pedagogical growth of teachers to obtain pedagogical ranks. In the scientific-research area, the workplace focuses mainly on the area of metabolic disorders and the possibility of influencing it, and in addition, it solves problems in the following areas:
- The influence of high exploitation on selected biochemical indicators of the internal environment of pigs in relation to nutrition and morbidity
- Study of mycotoxicoses on the health, production and reproductive status of pigs
- Analysis of the causes of increased embryonic mortality in sows in current large-scale pig breeding conditions
- Diagnostics, therapy and prevention gastrointestinal diseases of porcine proliferative enteropathy
- Circulation of herpesviruses in the animal population
- VEGA 1/0203/15: Use of blood serum proteins in the evaluation of health disorders in dairy cows in the peripartum period. Implementation 2015 – 2018.
- Project code 1/0154/15: Study of the use of newer diagnostic methods and biomarkers in the treatment of animal health disorders. Implementation 2015 – 2018.
- APVV-15-0415: Virome of the gastrointestinal tract of pigs and wild boars: Identification and analysis of viral agents. Implementation 2016 – 2019.
- ITMS project code no. 26220220032: Advanced implants with seeded chorostern cells for regeneration and reconstruction of hard tissues. Implementation 2015 – 2019.
- VEGA 1/0537/12: Study of the effect of selected specifically effective and buffering substances and feed additives in the prevention of negative energy balance in high yielding dairy cows and their impact on health and production. Implementation 2012 – 2016.
- KEGA 007 UVLF- 4/2012: Clinical diagnostics of animals. Implementation 2012 – 2016. • ITMS project code 26220220127: Creation and development of a diagnostic procedure in the treatment of trauma-damaged spinal cord. Implementation 2007 – 2013.
- VEGA 1/0592/12: Lipomobilization syndrome from the point of view of metabolism and immunology. Implementation 01.01.2012 – 31.12.2014.
- Project code 1/0398/18, VEGA: Analysis of blood serum proteins in the evaluation of the internal environment and diagnosis of animal diseases. Implementation 01.01.2018 – 31.12.2021.
- Project code 1/0177/22: Protein profile and separation of serum protein fractions in laboratory diagnostics and evaluation of animal health disorders. Realization 01.01.2022 – 31.12.2025.
- APVV-0475-10: Acute phase proteins and main protein fractions in animals and the possibilities of their use in laboratory diagnostics of various health disorders. Realization 01.05.2011 - 31.10.2013.