University library and editorial centre
ULEC (University library and editorial centre) is an academic library, support centre of the pedagogical process, creative research and education hub of the UVMph academic community. ULEC provides library services to students, university staff and to other users. It implements public projects and grants from the Ministry of Culture of the Slovak Republic, cooperates on KEGA and VEGA projects, New Study Programs and Education at UVMPh in Košice.
ULEC is divided into two departments, the Fund Building and Funding Department and the Information Department. The Fund Building and Funding Department arranges the acquisition and purchase of Slovak and foreign documents in the context of university education and research, availability in the library and lending.
The Information Department provides retrospective, ongoing search and reference services and citation analysis from both internal and external sources, databases and other information sources. It arranges the bibliographic registration of publication activity and the citations of researchers, teachers and postgraduate students at the university. It creates a citation database of scientific-pedagogical staff of the university, which is processed in the Advanced Rapid Library (ARL) system. It performs the activity of the Interlibrary Loan Service and the International Interlibrary Loan Service (ILS and IILS).
The Academic Library provides:
- high quality library equipment for continuous education through expert tools for creative collaboration between libraries and multimedia centres
- training to work with electronic information resources for the purpose of lifelong learning
- educational courses, modern e-learning tools for information education for the upcoming research
- LOAN SERVICES
- INFORMATION AND REFERENCE SERVICES
- INTERLIBRARY LOAN SERVICES
- REPROGRAPHIC SERVICES
- PUBLICATION ACTIVITY REGISTRATION
- ELECTRONIC INFORMATION SOURCES
- INFORMATION EDUCATION